Saturday, July 28, 2007

CKC PA

Well, in case you cant tell by the title of todays post, I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention here in Valley Forge, PA today. This was my first time and Im sure will not be the last! My friend and I had a great time. There were WAY TOO many people though. Everyone had told me it would be crowded, but WOW. You could barely move and then you almost always bumped into someone and all of us had these BIG bags on our shoulders to carry our "stuff"! lol THEN, you got to stand in a long line to pay for your goodies. There was a Dollar Scrapbook Store there.....we had to stand in line to SHOP! Yes, thats right!!! There was NO room to move, so you stood in line, looked as you moved around the bend and up the next aisle and to the register to pay! What a hoot. We didnt take any classes (maybe NEXT year), I didnt see anyone famous, but I did see a bunch of people I knew. That was funny. ALL those people and Im running into friends and scrappers I met at crops! lol Unless I missed something, I didnt come home with any freebies and even the make 'n' takes for most companies cost money! NOT that you could even get to those. My friend decided that next year, it would be worth taking OFF on Friday and going!!! Less crowded. We heard some vendors saying it was really quiet then. Unless you spent like at least $50 at ONE stand, there really wasnt any bargins either. Which I couldnt do either. Most of the items were normal everyday things at normal everyday prices. There were a few unique stands and some different things that you wouldnt see in your local ACmoore or Michaels. I got a few nice things that Im happy with, had a great day with my friend and know better what NOT to do next year!

1 comment:

Stamp Your Art Out said...

Tag! You now have to tell us 7 things about yourself and tag 7 more people. Have fun!

Yvonne Wickenkamp