Sunday, December 23, 2007
It was great to that NO one was home to pick on my OR my skating OR Barry singing! I had a great hour!
THEN, of course it was over, family came home, and back to reality!! lol
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Well, I see by the count down that Christmas is only 9, yes NINE days away!!! WOW. Most of this month it hasnt even FELT like winter or DECEMBER! At least NOT here in PA!!
Ready or not, its coming. Are YOU ready? We are just about there. Most of the gifts are bought and done and we just got the cards done and ready to go out this weekend. Whew.........
Might pick up a few more small things for stockings and candy and stuff like that. We ordered something else the other night too that should be here soon. Then, My big thing is wrapping! UGH....I really do NOT like to do it and we ALWAYS wait till the LAST minute. We are usually UP late Christmas Eve wrapping and playing and doing the whole santas elf thing! Lol But, all the money and work IS worth it to see my daughters excitement and faces and FUN on Christmas day! :)
Thursday, December 13, 2007
I think I am going to go try to make some gifts that I really NEED to get done soon!! Then tonight hopefully we will do our cards and get them sent out. Then, I will be pretty much caught up. We dont really have much to buy yet. Im done no matter what! lol No more time soon and no money will help that right along.
OK, off to be productive.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Tried to get some christmas decorating done this past weekend. That usually doesnt go well either. A LOT of things right now are not going right for me. Im a problem! Between my pain and trying to do things and NOT being able to do things and REALLLLY wanting to do things, I struggle. SO, I nag hubby to bring up the decorations, then I need to DO it. The only problem with that is, you must UNDO everything and clean up before you can DO the decorating! lol Here lays the problem. TOO much work. I know I should and DO do it in sections...or a little at a time. That is the only way I CAN do it. It will get there.
Do you ever feel that you dont appreciate what you have? I have been thinking that a BUNCH lately. There are things I want and maybe even need, but I already HAVE sooo much that I am not grateful for it seems. I have a car, but I need a better one, a newer one, just Because I WANT one.....that doesnt sound nice. Sometimes I just need to step back and breathe and appreciate what I already Have. Its hard to do that sometimes I think. I mean everyone always wants something else or more, no matter what we have.
OK, enough pity party. I gotta go make supper and do something!!!
Friday, November 16, 2007
I was supposed to go do some learning/stamping stuff this morning at my up lines house, but I decided NOT to. Was almost ready to walk out the door, but I just couldn't do it. This has NOT been the greatest week of my life and I'm either having panic attacks or a nervous breakdown...or both!? Who knows. I need to pack and get ready to leave tonight yet too. I wasn't sure I was going, so I didn't do anything last night to get ready! We are going to be making cookies and fudge. Yum. Maybe this will help me 'get it together' a little better. Taking a break and seeing my girlfriend.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
I volunteer at a local clothing/food bank every Wednesday morning and I went there today then we also had our Thank You lunch today too. Its when the board members and such serve US volunteers and just thank everyone. It is really nice.
OH, I almost forgot.....I actually WON something on the FIskateers online crop this weekend too! I cant wait to get it!!! I will let you know what and when.
Tomorrow......I don't think I have anything on the calendar!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Well, I gotta go check out some threads on the the site and get some crafting done!!!
Hope you can join us.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
Today, I was cleaning!!! What the heck brought THAT on? I have NO clue. lol I think I am just tired of living in a mess. I really paid for it tonight though. I hurt like the dickens. ouch. I was doing the kitchen. I dusted some, swept, cleaned off a whole rack of cookbooks, and then mopped and put everything back again!!! Whew. My dd helped me fix it when she got home from school. We even cleaned the wooden chairs! Geeez, scary!
We had a wedding to go to on Sat. It lasted ALL day! Between wedding and reception, and how far away it was, we left around noon and did not get home until like 1030 at night. Long day for all of us. We slept in on Sunday (still NO church?) and then we met some friends for a late lunch.
Tomorrow, I must take some of my not wanted scrapbook items into a store. She has this AWESOME scrapbook yard sale coming up on Sat. We take our stuff in (priced and # and ready to go) she sells it to whoever comes for the yard sale, keeps track of it all and then gives us our money to spend in her store!!!! I LOVE it. I was only there as a buyer last year, and got some great stuff. NOW, I'm taking a box in and hoping to do well on both ends! :)
Well, the rest of the family is in bed. Guess I should head there too.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
So, back to work I go tomorrow. I bet the kids and everyone wonder where I have been ALL WEEK.
Worked some in my new scrap room again today. Not scrapping, but cleaning, organizing, figure out just how I want things!
Gotta get ready to go away this weekend. Leaving Friday night, coming home Sunday. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! Its about almost 2 hrs away (if I remember right?!) My friend and I were there in like May and this is with the same people same place.
That was also where I got to see and hear an Indigo Bunting for the first (and only)time!!!!
I was very excited!!!!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
On a good note. I did have a great time making/teaching cards all day. The consultants made theirs after everyone else was done. I have a few finished and plan to finish the rest, then I will take pictures and share. They are all great, but there is one I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The stamp is a cardinal and the card is put together different, so it is just awesome!!! (It is one that I made sure to finish so I would not mess it up!) I also learned a lot of new things too and met some great people.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Sat. I went to an Indian pow-wow with a friend and met my mom and her friends there. It was a gorgeous day!!! Its in a park, so there is shade. My hubby & dd stayed home and worked reallllly hard to clean up his/our junk room and moved my scrapping table over there and now I have a scrap room!!! I will try to post some pics later on from that too. Sunday was my bday, so we went out for breakfast and just had a nice day. Monday we all had off yet, so we slept in some, then went to AC Moore later and out to eat. THAT was an adventure of its own. Geeezzz, I didnt think it was going to be THAT hard to find a place that was OPEN and also would actually wait on us.
Tuesday was back to school. Getting caught up now and trying to get a routine going again. Got lots more to say from the weekend too. OH, I gotta tell you about my car too! :( BBL
Monday, August 27, 2007
SWAPS Man, all of a sudden it seems I am up to my elbows in swaps and such. Guess I better get with it. I have a receipe swap, card swap, something else I havent figured out what Im making yet swap and I have to cut up some new papers from CTMH for a group swap so we all have the NEW paper packets to show off! Thats an easy one!
Well, guess I better go see what to make for supper now too. Whew.....long day.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
I am NOT picking on OR making fun of anyone or anything.
They were registered at Walmart for gifts. So, we checked out their list and went shopping. NO big expensive or extravagant items for them. Mostly ALL practical things for them or the house. When we got there, we noticed that most of the gifts were not even wrapped! A few were, some were in gift bags, and others were just brought in as is. The service and dinner were at the same place. So, we went in and walked to the Chapel part. There were two ushers to seat everyone. So we waited our turn and told the man that we were coworkers and got sat. The service started pretty much on time. NO big hubbub about a wedding party walking in, the bride & groom came in together and went up front and then a few Fathers/preachers/elders. Not sure exactly, but they all spoke. There were four of them. So, we sang a few Hymns, they read scripture, we sang a few more, read some more, then one of them did the wedding ceremony part (close to what ours would be) in words anyway. BUT, NO big fancy wedding dress, NO flowers, NO music playing, NO photography and NO wedding rings!!!! Oh, and NO you may now kiss the bride either! From our understanding, no public displays of affection. I did not have a big to do wedding, but I can not imagine 'our' world with out all that big hype. My goodness, what would brides do? lol No thousand dollar dresses and months of planning. No dead flowers!! So, the service was about two hours long then we were ushered out row by row then the rest were allowed to leave as they could. (still by row) We all congratulated the couple on the way to the dinner tables, where we were seated again according to the seating chart. After everyone was seated, another prayer for the meal. WOW, and what a meal it was. Yummmy!!! It was sort of home style. There were a bunch of people serving all the tables. They brought out one thing at a time for each table per side and you passed it down and then it went back to the kitchen. Lots of great food. Oh, and when we saw the new couple we were given a pen with their names and date and thank you for being there. At the table was a 'card' to explain the blank card. We were to write whatever wisdom we chose to share with the newlyweds! That was pretty fun too. There was already cake on the table too. No big to do over one of those either. Then after all the food was passed around and all of us were stuffed, another prayer and then it was over.
I do think they were getting a few pictures taken in the chapel though when we went to leave. It was a great experience and we had a nice time. Really makes you think about all that "EXTRA" stuff we think we need, when all that really matters is GOD and us!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
1) I (we) adopted an older child. We wanted someone to teach and love.
2) I have a WHOLE room of Garfield stuff!! From pencils, notebooks, greeting cards up to ceramics and kitchen ware.
3) I HATE spiders.
4) I have never been out of the USA.
5) Growing up, I used to watch WWF wrestling!!!!
6) I secretly love to drive my husbands Jeep. (Only with the top off in the summer.)
7) I have 3 cats.
OK, NOW, I have to find 7 people that have probably been tagged already! lol
Clearly Inspired-Kim, Fabulosly artsy, Inky smiles, April mamadriggs,quilted bag,Twistedchic-Michele.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Oh, yeah, and we went to see Harry Potter last night. It was not all that great. I dont know IF its just me or what, but I have SO much trouble hearing and understanding the talking in these movies. Then, I kid you NOT, there was someone towards the front of the thearte that MUST have had a walkman/mp3 player ON and I could hear it!!!! When the movie was kinda quiet.....at first I thought I was hearing things! lol Also, they were like the most UNcomfortable seats. UGH>
OK, Im done now. :)
Monday, July 16, 2007
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
I HATE feet!!!! Mine, his, yours, doesnt matter. SO, for a while now (like at least a MONTH) I have had these 2 little pimple/bump type things on the bottom of my right foot. One on the heel and 1 like middle toward the toes. I decided they were NOT going to go away on their own. So after looking things up and trying different things, up to and including IGNORING it....I decided I HAD to go to the DR. SO, yesterday (Tuesday) I go. They were WARTS!! UGH...gross. I Never had one of those anywhere and dont think I wanted them ON my FOOT!!! SO, the nurse/dr lady tells me, I will have to make an appt. to come back when there is time and get them FROZEN OFF! UGH WHAT??? This doest NOT sound like fun! lol Then she comes back in and tells me that she has time NOW, did I want to do it. NO, NOT really, but I did. Well, that part was NOT so bad. It was uncomfortable, a little weird and a LOT cold!! I walked out, drove home and then sat on the sofa. At first it didnt feel too bad, but later it was like throbing and jabbing. WELLLLLL, let me tell YOU something....a few hours later I could NOT WALK ON MY FOOT!!!!!!! I had SOOO much PAIN I could NOT beleive it. Geeezzz, what the heck. It hurt worse then it did BEFORE I went to the DR! I felt like there was something jabbing me in those spots (the heel one was not as bad) and my foot was swollen(at the toes) and on HOT too!!! Nothing we had here seemed to help, and none of us knew what to do. I called my bestest gf who is a nurse and said HELP!!! IT hurts! lol SO, I took a pain pill, put some "magic stuff" on it and started to feel a tad better. Then before bed, I put some ice on it too. I CRAWLED, yes crawled to bed!! UP the stairs and into the bed!!! OH, yeah, did I forget to tell you......when I TRIED to stand up earlier and I was in SO much pain and crying, my dd went downstairs and got the CRUTCHES? LOL I had never in my life even Used a crutch, so that didnt do me much good either! lol What a mess. I could not beleive this. SO, Im thinking.....did the lady do something weird or wrong? Am "I" just a wuss? lol She did tell me that in a sense she was giving me Frostbite, so, maybe that just HURTS. I also have the fibro and we are MORE sensitive to nerve ends and the pain, so maybe that too. I felt so stupid. It was only a wart for petes sake. lol
SO, that was my adventure yesterday! I woke up at 4am and it wasnt so bad, and now that this day is about over, its getting better. I can almost walk normal again.
OK, Im done with icky stories now.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Sunday we went to a BIG church RODEO!!! lol Yes, I said rodeo. This church is huge on doing stuff with and for the community. SO, to kick off THEIR VBS, they had a rodeo all day on Sunday. It was HOT HOT HOT, but fun to see and I know the kids all had a great time.This is just a general photo of the "ring"!! They had face painting, games, music and of course FOOD stands too!
Original Newsletter:Hi there my friends,As disclosed in every newsletter that I put out, here is an example why I have a disclaimer! My disclaimer has always been something to this affect - "Fibrohugs does not necessarily agree with, or endorse, the contents of articles written by others but choose to send them to you so that you can make up your own mind".Although I neither agree nor disagree about the beneficial use of this drug, I guess as I read the article below I found it very ironic when I got to the "Safety Warnings" about this drug. Here is what it says:............Safety: The most common side effects of Lyrica include dizziness and sleepiness, blurry vision, weight gain, trouble concentrating, swelling of the hands and feet, and dry mouth. Allergic reactions can also occur. These are rare, but potentially serious. FDA advises patients to talk with their doctors about whether using Lyrica will impair their ability to drive.............Is it just me or are the side effects from this drug listed above the type of symptoms we're trying to get rid of? Oh well, I guess someone needed a reason to come up with the phrase "Oxymoron" LOLThanks for letting me throw in my personal 2 cents worth and, remember, that's exactly what it's worth. You draw your own conclusions.
1. They don't mention the severe GI affects it had on myself and a friend of mine! LM
2. Hi and my two cents worth is the same I have already been on this drug and am now being taken off even as we speak. I had all the side affects and I think double!LOL :) any hoo ! My two cents, Thanks , for all you do. Dar
3. Yes, when reading about the side effects of lyrica, my excitement immediately was gone. Why would anyone take a drug that has the same side effects that the drug is to be used for. How would anyone know if it helped or not? Guess some must have been helped a lot, so any information sent out could be worthwhile. Also, though, it seems like this drug works very similiarly to Neurontin. wonder if one could safely tak both at the same time. Neurontin definitely helps me. with the pain, but not with fatigue or sleepiness. DM
4. Hey.... Lyrica IS helpful!!!! For the first time in many years I can actually TOUCH the inside of my knees without excruciating pain after taking it for about 3 months. I actually have MORE energy and do not experience the mentioned side effects. My neck and shoulder pain is less also and for ME it is the ONLY significant pain relief I've found without strong doses of narcotic pain killers. Don't knock it until you have tried it!!!!!! OM
5. I have actually tried this drug before and I couldn't tell it helped me at all. LS
6. After discussing with a few chronic pain specialists, and investigating this drug, the side effects far outweigh any benefits for Fibromyalgia as far as I'm concerned. I have lived with Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue for 17 years, read and been examined by many, so the hype on this drug is just that...hype...I am truly hopeful that the CAUSE of this syndrome is discovered rather than hearing about so many cures. I for one will not jump on this band wagon. Thank you for your imput as well. A B
7. Hi, I tried Lyrica over a year ago and it was not helpful. Just when I was thinking I was going crazy, tonight you and another person sent me information that confirmed how I have been feeling. Not being able to get out of bed, chronic pain and feeling like a wimp. JH
8. Hi Ken, I agree with you... Its amazing to me how this drug did not cause the people that tested this drug many of the side effects listed, since its known that we are very sensitive to almost everything. Maybe it depends on how intense someone with fibro has it. I know years ago that I was hardly sensitive to anything. That changed drastically over the years. Anyway, I am really shocked that this drug is the first to be approved for fibromyalgia. There was another one in clinical trials for years, I think its Minalciprin. Its used in some other countries and the reports read good results and if I recall correctly it did not have a severe list of side effects like lyrica does. I guess its still stuck in clinical trial land.I was given lyrica by a Dr. late 2005 and still have the samples. I was scared after reading the list of effects especially about the rash. But I did try one and was so out of my mind, dizzy is an understatement. I woke up feeling like I had 10 days worth of a hangover, I bit my tongue in my sleep(never did that) and that one pill took close to 24 hrs to wear off. It was such a scary feeling.Thats why I am surprised this was not reported enough to approve this drug. Well, take care! AJ
9. Please, Please, Please, Please....if you are at all sensitive to medications like I am, DON'T try Lyrica!!!!!!!! 2 doses, 2 itty-bitty pills, caused me such stomach & intestinal pain & distress that I ended up in the hospital for five (5) days. It also caused my blood chemistry to go awry. I realize I am a barriatric patient from 2001, and supposedly this new drug effects nerve pain. Instead, it caused all sorts of problems for me & I ended up being taken from work by ambulance & was on IV fluids & IV food for 3 of the 5 days, & stayed on IV fluid for the other 2 days for pain which the Lyrica caused. Another drug they have been talking about for Fibro is Neurontin, & for me, it caused hallucinations & the impression I was drunk or psychotic! When I saw what the "new" Fibro drug was, I just had to say something. CW
10. I tried this medication as I have so many others over the years and all I did was sleep--It was awful-Just some insight on what it did to me-- Lenghth of treatment was about 1 month and discontinued. LEA11. Hi I totally agree I just seen my doc and felt too awful to bring it up but I will. I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering this Gayla
Thursday, June 21, 2007
BUT, today we had a break thru.....The FDA approved a drug for FM. It was already used for another illness, so I guess in a way that was good and easier to get it done. Studies show that it helps some so we shall see. I am SO hoping and PRAYING that the side effects are NOT worse then the condition. I will NOT be running right out to get this NEW drug, but will keep up with it and see how it goes. I can NOT imagine having something that might actually HELP me and millions of others too!
If I do this right, hopefully the link will show here! http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/fibromyalgia062107.html
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Anyway, since my friend was here today, I decided to to give her a bunch of things. I was SAD to see my stuff go, but it was even sadder to see what the dampness and MOLD was doing down there. It is soooo bad and getting worse the longer it is left. SO, I KNOW she will love and care for my precious garfields, and therefore was happy to give them to her!! We started by just looking at my mugs. I had 2 cd case shelves of them. I looked through alot more of my stuff and she left at supper time with a bunch of stuff! We were joking that it was good she brought the SUV!!!!! lol I know she felt bad for taking my stuff, BUT, I also know that she understood what it meant for me to give it to her. TO see my things possibly getting ruined down there and/or as I am packing this ALL away into bins and going to storage....It is very depressing, to say the least.
SO.....She is a very happy camper, I feel better knowing my garfields went to a loving home...PLUS, I have LESS to pack up and store now too!!! LOL
TODAY IS GARFIELDS BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY 29th Birthday Garfield!!
Monday, June 18, 2007
My friend is coming tomorrow to visit, and we will do lunch. I can NOT wait. DD enjoyed her first day of tech day camp too.
I am bushed....nothing else exciting. Going to bed!!!!
Sunday, June 17, 2007
I did finish the Fathers day card for my husband. I took a picture, but havent messed with trying to figure out HOW exactly to post it on here yet! I think I used about every CTMH alphabet set I had! It turned out nice.
My daughter is going to a career type camp this week too. She will be gone most of the day. It is at the Votech and she will learn all kinds of things. I hope she will have fun. The give them snacks and lunch and a tshirt too!!!
I will let you know tomorrow how everything went.
OH, and Tuesday, one of my friends is coming to visit me!!!!! She is just coming to visit for the day, but that OK!! I can NOT wait to see her, catch up and have some lunch!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
I have been trying to add some things and some friends' blog pages to MY page and I just found out that this one called "The Wooden Porch" is even having a CONTEST!!! Im sure YOU would love to enter too, so please click on this link to do so http://thewoodenporch.blogspot.com
Now, I should be off again to go finish the card I started! If I actually finish it, and remember to talk a picture...I will TRY to figure out HOW to put the picture on here! I have been playing with all the new inks and stamps from Close to my Heart! I love this stuff!!!!!
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
Friday, June 15, 2007
So, School is OUT....Summer is HERE....and we are doing just fine so far.