Sunday, December 23, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Yes, Simple pleasures. Thats what I had last night. My hubby and dd went away for some last minute gift and food shopping and I stayed HOME...by myself and took a break! SO, I turned on the tv ( I read and am on the computer ALL the time) so watching tv is different for me. I found an Ice skating special. I think it was Brain Boytano?(sp) SO, I turned it on and he was just starting to skate a new routine and it was country. The song was an old one from Sonny & Cher! lol Then he continued with another newer upbeat song (CottonEyedJoe!) That used to be a very popular country line dance song and really MOVES!!! When he was done and the next person was introduced, they were going to skate to Barry Manilow singing LIVE right there with them!!! OMG!! He is my all time favorite too!!! I LOVE Barry! Well, it was not just that one song, he sang a bunch more for the next hour for a bunch of different skaters. PLUS, then Dorothy Hamill was skating too. I used to love her to when I was growing up. Heck, we even had hair cuts like hers!!! lol SO, to see her skate again and to Barry singing, it was AWESOME!!!
It was great to that NO one was home to pick on my OR my skating OR Barry singing! I had a great hour!
THEN, of course it was over, family came home, and back to reality!! lol

No comments: