Friday, April 11, 2008

Bitter Sweet Story

Well, this reminds me of a few months ago when I was giving like 1/2 my garfield collection away to a great friend and then later having to pack it all away and take it to storage. Its sad, but its the right thing to do.
I have a 55 gallon fish tank, stand and only 2 poor fishes left. A really BIG what I call chocolate pleco and a big silver dollar. Yup, thats it!! Two fish in a 55!!! lol Pretty lame. Well, anyway, I just can NOT and have not taken care of it. It (among other things) is very hard for me to do. So it has been neglected. I get upset, pissed off, angry and saddened once in a while and do something, but its not enough. The filters really need cleaned and the pads changed, but that is major cleaning work. I bought some new filter pads and that is as far as I got. Family to help? HA! They are busy, or NOT, but they don't want to mess with it either. I just don't want to watch the fish die. They still might with a move, but at least I wont know! Wont really be my fault for letting it get so bad either. The algae is terrible too. UGH! :( :( very sad.
The other part of it that is sad.....Greg bought me this tank & stand from a neighbor YEARS ago when we first got together! We lived in a SMALL 1 bedroom, efficiency apartment. I worked across the parking lot in a grocery store. Our neighbor was selling his tank and fish and all of it. I was drooling! He even had angel fish, wish I also loved at that time. We really shouldn't buy it....we really do NOT have any room for it, its HUGE!!!! Well, anyway, I came home from work and they had moved it and had it all set up by the time I got there!!! What a surprise. SO, that part is hard too. But, I know, we know it is for the best! PLUS, we will gain a WHOLE other wall!!!! lol I still have like a 20 gallon long or high or something weird like that downstairs. But, I think for a while now, NO more fish tanks!!!!! Sounds like the people taking are really excited! Oh, that's another thing....I'm giving it and fish away! We tried to sell it a while ago and it was either too big or too old. No one really wanted it I guess. SO, why not give to someone who needs it, wants it?!?!

No comments: