Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Family Sunday"

Family Sunday? Hmmm, ever heard of it? It may be a rarity in your house as it was ours. SO, we decided that starting today, NO computers from after breakfast till the end of the day! That may not sound like a big deal to you, but to us it is! My husband is usually on his laptop in the living room on the sofa and I am in another room on my desktop. Sometimes my dd would be outside, or upstairs or here with me on her computer! Yes we are lucky to have that many too! We had our own computer business for about 8 years, so it was kind of a necessity and most are old. Anyway, back to our Sunday. So, what do we do? We want to get a new sofa, so we went and looked at some today. Since is was nice out and NOT raining like it was supposed to be doing, we packed up some drinks and snacks and stopped for some subs and went up to our local Wildlife Perserve called Middlecreek (Project 70) to some of us. When we picked our spot, got our sandwiches out and started eating, it started to pour! lol but, it was ok, we quickly got back to the car and finished eating and by then it was done raining. So we drove around and looked for birds. Kim decided she wanted to ride her bike up there so she did that while we drove slowly behind her on the trail road. We came home and took a break then decided to watch a movie. One of our local libraries had their Big Book sale this past weekend and I bought a bunch of VCR movies for like 50 cents!! Cant beat that. Well, we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!! Indiana Jones. WOW, what a riot that was! I didn't remember being that funny, but it certainly had its parts! With the "new" one coming out, I wanted to show my dd WHO Indy was!!! She really liked it. Maybe I should go on a hunt for the rest of them? Hmmm......
All in all, I think our first family Sunday went pretty well! We figured we have all week and every other night to do whatever and ignore each other! lol At least ONE day should be spent together. We used to do this all the time, I'm not sure how we let slip away.

No comments: