Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow day Ice day

So the kids got out early yesterday and just in time too! It started snowing around lunch time and kept on with some sort of precepitation all day yet today. It was really snow/icy this morning. We started out with a 2 hour delay. I looked outside and said, YEAH, like I want to go out in this stuff!!!! It looked terrbile, was pouring, still had ice on the driveway/street and side walk. Im a crossing gaurd, NO way did I want to go out there! lol Well, a few minutes later (because you just KEEP checking for updates) they cancelled school. NOW, for the interesting part.....they are supposed to get out early on Thurs, (Plus Im figuring its gonna be another delay in the morning) still icy. Then off on Friday and Monday for Presidents day. Now, Monday should be a make up day and they will go to school. Geeez, what a screwy schedule! Lol
After school yesterday we needed a few things grocery wise, so we quick made a trip to Sharp Shopper. It is sort of a big 'left over' kind of place that also has lots of regular everyday stuff too. Like lots of NO name brands and that, and then some bent n dent I guess you call it. Most of there stuff if fine though. Some prices are NOT better then the regular grocery store and a bunch are. So I have started going there again like every couple of weeks. Lots of like cereals, pastas and snack stuff is great! Anyway, Im glad we did, because I would NOT have gone out today! lol We had milk and bread which seem to be the staple around here IF your gonna get snowed in!! lol Had lots of lunch and snacky type stuff too...which Im not sure is good or bad?!? hhhmm
I like to have some snack foods around, but then I EAT THEM!!! lol
I cleaned my scraproom up some yesterday and it and other things today. Trying to get stuff were it belongs and all together with its like stuff. Does that make sense? lol It seems I start to put like old school thing here, and then I forget or cant get there, so I start another pile....Im trying to get them into ONE pile now. I like to be organized!!! Doesnt always work, but I try!
I added some new people to my friends blog list. Some people I just found through others and some just started theirs. Check them out.

No comments: