Monday, February 11, 2008

What a relief

I dont think I have talked about to much on here, but I have Fibromyalgia. IF you never heard of it, be GLAD!! If you have it or someone you know has it, Im very sorry. My reason for bringing it up today is because I have been going to,helping and then running a FM support group in my area for about 10 years or so. I think, time flies when your having fun! LoL. Fibro and CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) plus about 100s of other types of things are all "under" the Arthritis Foundation. They sponser support groups, get info out there, raise money and awareness, that sort of thing. Well, this group has never been a big one, but there are some of us regulars and we often get new people come that we feel we can help out, so we just keep going no matter if its just us few or 10 others. Well, the Arthrits Foundation thinks we should have MORE education, which basically means more speakers, and they just do NOT provide them for Fibro. They have lots of Drs and things for other types of arthrits, but not us. It is very hard to get someone to know, speak, teach or heal. So, we have decided today to split ways. My coleader and I will most likely continue to have a meeting once a month some where, weather it be a restaurant of parking lot or fast food joint! Lol We can keep some of the regulars and ourselves and not have anyone left to answer to but ourselves. This has been a long time coming, but now that it has happened, I feel like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. Now, no one will be looking over my shoulder and wondering what Im doing or why Im doing it. Anyway, we actually have our meeting tonight, so we can discuss and decide what we will do for next month. If only ONE person shows up, then so be it. We are pretty much all friends now anyway! lol
IF you would like any information about this go here http://www.arthritis.org/

No comments: