Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy AND sad

This day was sort of happy and sad at the same time. As I mentioned, my friend that I met through going to the garfield conventions came to see me today. Some who know me, know that I LOVE garfield. Well, I have a WHOLE room of him downstairs in the basement. We have had a few floods in the past year plus and I have been trying to go thru my things and even got rid of some last year! OH NO!!! I decided that I could possible live without some paper products and plastic stuff. So, anyway, I have been very slowly trying to pack up the rest of it so it can go into storage and we can DO something with this horrible mold infested gross room!!! Yuck.
Anyway, since my friend was here today, I decided to to give her a bunch of things. I was SAD to see my stuff go, but it was even sadder to see what the dampness and MOLD was doing down there. It is soooo bad and getting worse the longer it is left. SO, I KNOW she will love and care for my precious garfields, and therefore was happy to give them to her!! We started by just looking at my mugs. I had 2 cd case shelves of them. I looked through alot more of my stuff and she left at supper time with a bunch of stuff! We were joking that it was good she brought the SUV!!!!! lol I know she felt bad for taking my stuff, BUT, I also know that she understood what it meant for me to give it to her. TO see my things possibly getting ruined down there and/or as I am packing this ALL away into bins and going to storage....It is very depressing, to say the least.
SO.....She is a very happy camper, I feel better knowing my garfields went to a loving home...PLUS, I have LESS to pack up and store now too!!! LOL
TODAY IS GARFIELDS BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY 29th Birthday Garfield!!

No comments: